Friday, July 10, 2009

Update on Lauren

Well...we have made it to 38 weeks. It wouldn't have been as exciting without another trip to the hospital. On Tuesday I tried to vacuum my house and boy was that a mistake. I have been having sciatic nerve (spelling?) pain off and on throughout my pregnancy that usually goes away within five minutes. Well, apparently vacuuming does not make your sciatic nerve pain any better only terribly worse. I was in so much pain that I did not know what to do. My appointment was scheduled for 3:00 and I went in at about 2:30 instead because I could barely walk. They quickly saw me and thought it was best that I go over to labor and delivery to get a shot of Demerol and monitor the baby. After getting settled and the having the shot there was really no change. They ran some other tests just to rule out any other problems and gave me some other pain meds to try. Wednesday afternoon they send me home with a steroid pack and some pain meds and told me to rest and that it should get better. I have been resting and taking it easy and the pain is soooo much better than it was. The doctor thinks that Lauren dropped too and that it most likely relived the pressure on the nerve.

Today I went back to the doctor and she thinks that labor could happen at any time. I was 3cm dilated and 75% effaced. Basically we are just waiting for Lauren to decide she is ready. Earlier in the week I was pretty disappointed that I was still pregnant, but I trust my doctor. If she felt like there was danger to Lauren or myself she would have already delivered her. I feel good about the decision to wait to induce until next week or to see what happens over the weekend. I know that God has a plan for us and that we have to be patient and allow him to let it happen.

A sweet friend of mine sent me this verse and I really like it a lot.

" For the Lord your God is living among you, He is a mighty Savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm your fears."

Zephaniah 3:17

As we prepare for this exciting time may we always remember that children are a gift from God and only God can truly calm our fears. Have a wonderful weekend and stay tuned for any changes!

3 comments:

Daniel and Carrie Moore said...

So I had a really bad pain that would shoot down the front of my leg with Alli. The dr. thought that her head was pushing down on a nerve and it would be so hard to even walk when that happened. I can't imagine a consistent pain. Hang in there. Only a few more days! Can't wait to meet her.

the bowlin family said...

praying for you! can't wait to see a picture of Lauren.

. said...

We have our big camera charged and ready to go!!!