Thursday, July 2, 2009

Our First Adventure

Do you like my bracelet? I know it is super stylish especially since it is made of paper. That's right it is my cool hospital bracelet from our late night adventure. At around 10:45 on Tuesday night I felt like my "water" might have been leaking. So after a call into the doctor we were told to go to Labor and Delivery to check and see if it was amniotic fluid. After checking into the same room where I delivered Hannah (a little weird at first) they determined that I was not leaking amniotic fluid. This was good news because I am not considered "full term" until Saturday. Not that I think three days would have really mattered, but what do I know! In the process they determined that I was having contractions about every three minutes, and that I needed to stay awhile to have them monitored. After drinking A LOT of water and some rest they told me I could go home and that I was not in actual labor (which I never actually thought I was).

I went back to the doctor today because I was concerned about some things and found out that I am 2 1/2cm dilated! The doctor said my body is working on something and that we may be looking at a July 4th baby! Her due date is July 25th and my induction date is scheduled for July 16th! She would be three weeks early. I have to admit that I would not be too upset if she came soon, but I won't get my hopes up. According to the sonogram on Tuesday she already weighs 7 pounds! So maybe she is ready to enter the world now! Regardless of what happens this weekend, we most likely will induce next week. So the time is coming whether we are ready or not!

I have a feeling Lauren is going to have a lot of spunk based on her movement lately. When I was being monitored at the hospital she kept kicking the place where the monitors were. It would make a really loud noise and both the nurses and the doctor commented on it! She would do it over and over and over...almost like she was bothered by us taking her space! When I was monitored with Hannah they kept having to make me turn from side to side and wear the oxygen mask because she was sleeping and not moving! So...based on the facts I think they might be a tad bit different.

Please keep us in your prayers and we will let you know when something happens! Have a great 4th of July weekend!

0 comments: