Sunday, October 18, 2009

I finally feel like a REAL mom.

I feel like I have been formally inducted into the mom's club. On Friday, Hannah had the stomach virus for the first time in her life. If you know me very well you will know that I don't do throw up very well AT ALL. When I was teaching I always made the teacher next door walk them to the nurse if the were feeling sick or had gotten sick. I would send students IMMEDIATELY if they felt even the SLIGHTEST bit sick. I would QUICKLY walk (well sometimes run) the other way at any mention of the topic. Well, I knew that my time would come at sometime and that I would have to endure the pain. I am happy to say that I stayed calm and QUICKLY took care of the situation. Without going into to details, lets just say that God knew I needed to ease into this whole thing and it was a minor incident. I am proud to say that I am a REAL mom now, and oh...Hannah is feeling much better!

2 comments:

The Rhodes' said...

Really you don't like throw up? Never knew?? so glad she is feeling better!

Unknown said...

Glad you survived (and Hannah too!) Missed you at the shower yesterday.